Friday, December 7, 2012
Easy Tips on Maintaining your SOD Lawn
Taking care of your lawn, without needing to spend an exorbitant length of time and funds, is probably one of the top priorities in connection with maintaining your yard.The initial order of monetary should be to properly mow your lawn. Every little thing starts and ends with a decent cut. Some mowing tips include:
* Do not trim your grass way too short. Longer grass chokes out many weeds, and has a greater root system.
* Usually do not get rid of anymore than one-third using the blade during anyone mowing. This could shock the lawn and lead it to brown out.
* Do not mow once the grass is wet.
* Change up the mowing direction for each and every mowing, as this provides for a much more even cut.
* Sustain your grass clippings around the lawn, as they quickly decompose to incorporate nutrients to the soil.
* Maintain your garden tractor blade sharpened to be sure a clean cut each and every time.
* Get a new oil in your mower at least one time a season, or as recommended by the manufacturer.
Other tricks for a proper lawn include:
* Water less often, but deeply, because this encourages a powerful root system. Many experts recommend a good watering around one inch once every seven days, of course this will be different slightly depending on climate, soil composition, grass type and season.
A good way to determine if you have reached one inch is to place a bucket in the line of the sprinkler and measure it until the water level reaches one inch.
* Aerate your lawn once a year, as this allows water, air and nutrients into the soil and prevents soil compaction. Some aerator tools could be pushed by hand around the yard. For bigger yards, you might want to do the hiring of a lawn care company that uses ride-on aerators.
* Use organic fertilizer whenever possible. A good ratio is 3% nitrogen, 1% phosphorous and 2% potassium.
Some helpful mowing safety tips include:
* Keep all children and pets out of the yard and from the rototiller all the time.
* Never cut the lawn when it is raining or lightening.
* Never allow a tiny child to ride on a riding lawnmower.
* Discuss garden tractor safety with your children, and don't allow a young child under the age of 12 to work a mower.
* Walk-through your yard and appearance for stones or sticks that may become projectiles if run over.
* Always go through manufacturer’s strategies for safety and maintenance. More information about sod Los Angeles here.